Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Yasmin's Dresser - DIY Style





I thought I would show you my daughters "boudoir" as I like to call it....You see we went to a friends house, who's daughter had a barbie makeup dresser and chair - needless to say my daughter promptly sat her butt on the stool, started applying makeup and didn't leave it all day. So I decided to make her a nice one....

My husband actually made this dresser himself whilst in high school (and we were actually going to throw it out!) so I simply sanded it, painted it distressed white, got some lovely flower door knobs off eBay and stealed my sisters venetian mirror she wasn't using. Now Yasmin has a nice place to sit and apply her lipstick all day long!

2 comments:

Sharnel said...

Oh it's adorable and much more stylish than any Barbie dressing table!
Well done Erin. Love the knobs too.
x

Stephanie Maris said...

How cute! I love following your ideas although I think that DIY is a relative term that depends entirely on who is behind the 'Y' ^~ I prefer to watch and admire, ha ha!