Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I Like a nice tall boy...



Look past that magnificent bookcase and through to the next room. I have never noticed this tall boy before...
Beautiful in an entrance way.......

Upcycled: Painted, and with varying handles.....

Old Skool Vintage....




The tall boy: Clearly the unsung hero. I can't believe how I have overlooked the tall boy/dresser/chest of drawers! Before my love affair with blogs I just thought they were an annoying piece of furniture to be placed in the bedroom for practicality and for all of us with non-existent and small wardrobes. (And a place to put all of our smalls and mismatched socks.) Oh how wrong was I?! These pictures have certainly inspired me to get creative and upcycle my tallboy with a lick of paint/varnish, a little decoration, and maybe some new hardware......
Now lastly not least a big, huge, thank you to Amanda over at Swish & Swanky. I was 'uber-flattered', and floored to read on Fridays post that she had mentioned my blog....and thus have'nt been able to wipe the grin off of my face since.
Image 1: Marthastewart.com
Image 2: Sorry Unknown
Image 3: Domino Magazine
Image 4: Living Etc
Image 5: The Enchanted Closet
Image 6: Sorry Unknown
Image 7: Anna Spiro (Absolutely Beautiful Things)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comment Erin! I'm so glad to have found your blog.

x Amanda