Monday, September 21, 2009

Yasmins Party


Poem from my favourite little golden book.









Party Bags for the kids...









I made a Lace doily paper garland As seen on 7 year wedding.









Of course the Martha Stewart pom poms made an appearance.



I used our wedding tablecloths......








Coloured Sugar for the cake

The rainbow cake. Ruined due to the scorching day..Oh well the kids still loved it!


Well finally here are a few, terrible pictures of Yasmin's third birthday party! Can you believe my camera stopped working on that very day? Typical! So luckily I got some random photos from other peoples cameras.
We were blessed with beautiful weather this year and the theme for my Yasmin's party was two pinks "Blush & Bashful". (Steel Magnolia style). For she won't go any other way but pink. So on to the cake: Yasmin had been carrying around my Woman's Weekly kids cake book for 4 months prior. Seriously. And all she wanted was a rainbow cake. Well I rallied and cajoled, persuaded and bribed her to pick any other cake but the rainbow cake, but alas, her decision was made and rainbow cake it was. It looked terrible. The sun got to it, the sugar went lumpy, the clouds blew off, and then we had to deal with 10+ kids high on over 1kilo of coloured sugar.
It was a great day and we kept it only small this year. With a simple bbq and salads between the two trees in the park by the beach. I wonder what next year will bring?

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Those cupcakes look divine with all that pink frosting!! Yummy!! Love the 'thankyou' bags too.

Unknown said...

The party looks just perfect! I'm loving all the little touches - the pom poms, the paper lace garland and the sweet little cupcakes. Lovely!

Samy said...

Ooohhh I love it all, Yasmin is one lucky girl. There's such lovely detail in everything, I want a pink party too (no not for my girl..for Myself)...

Sharnel said...

Gorgeous, bet Jasmine had a great time!!! xx

3StinkyBoysAndMe said...

What a pretty party! My son's 3rd birthday is coming up in November, so I'm working on planning a party myself. I bet she had such a fun day!